Comet State School, encaspulates it's "Aim high" motto through a high standard of expectation and excellence, driven by a supportive staff, P&C and community. A positive and beneficial learning environment where each student is able to reach their potential is evident. A focus on and belief in, an atmosphere which allows for student growth and development is a fundamental priority and concern. It is through this, where a challenging and stimulating curriculum is developed and implemented. In addition, Comet State School students interact well in the school environment, allowing for young individuals to establish their own identity and to develop their social skills in a fostering and caring manner.
The school is actively engaged through collegial networking with other schools in the Blackwater and Emerald Cluster to ensure that there is growth and consistency in the school.
In 2014, our core priorities are:
- A focus on achieving regional target of 96% attendance rate.
- Continue improving our teaching practices through Explicit Instruction in all subjects.
- Build and strengthen collaborative relationships with other schools to benefit our
- Implement new ideas to seek feedback from parents in a meaningful and positive way.
- Building and stregthening staff skills particularly in the area of mathematics.